- Complete a student kitchen training with the TD student kitchen aides, Grace MacDonald and Eva Syth.
- Once you have completed training with them, please fill out the Timothy Dwight Student Spaces Form to request swipe access into the student kitchen. You will receive an email confirmation from TD’s Operations Manager, Zina Anwar once swipe access has been granted. Please provide up to 3 business days for swipe access to be granted.
- Sign up to reserve the kitchen using the online calendar. You cannot reserve the kitchen less than 24 hours in advance.
- Once you have signed up, please email Grace MacDonald and Eva Syth at least 24 hours in advance of your reservation. You will not be able to use the kitchen if you don’t email the kitchen aides 24 hours in advance (even if you made a reservation online).
- Failure to observe the established protocols of cleanliness, sanitation, and/or safety may lead to a suspension of your kitchen privileges.
Kitchen Quiet Hours
- Monday through Friday: 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 am - 7:30 am
Student Kitchen Use Policy
Using the TD Student Kitchen is privilege. The kitchen has recently been renovated and many new updates have been added for you to use. We expect that you will take proper care of our new shared space. This means that you will follow the ground rules and protocols:
- Clean up after yourself and follow and complete the Cleaning Checklist.
- You are required to run and unload the dishwasher completely before the end of your reservation. (Hand washing is quick and easy).
- Write a note on the cleaning checklist if you are leaving something in the fridge or pantry and write the current date on the item.
- Don’t place any hot pans directly on the tabletop or counters. You will damage these surfaces if you do. Use a coaster.
- Don’t close the pantry door; it will get stuck.
- Leave the garbage can outside the kitchen when you are done.
- Email both Grace MacDonald AND Eva Syth ‘before’ photos of the kitchen at the beginning of your reservation AND ‘after’ photos of the kitchen at the end of your reservation. Your ‘after’ photos will confirm that you’ve left the kitchen in good condition and completed the Cleaning Checklist (posted below). The kitchen is a communal space for students, and we’re hoping this additional step will ensure the kitchen remains in good shape for everyone to use.
You will be held accountable for the mess that you make and will be required to come back and clean it. You will not be allowed to use the kitchen again if you fail to clean up. The kitchen aides check the kitchen daily to ensure that the space is kept clean.
Please review the cleaning checklist frequently before, during, and after your reservation.
Make sure the sink is clear of dishes and wipe it down
Load, run, and empty the dishwasher and clean all dishes
Wipe down the table, backsplash, and all counters
Wipe down appliances
Throw away all trash and leave bin outside the door
Sweep the floor. Mop if necessary
Put away all appliances and Student Kitchen Supplies and Ingredients
List ingredients left in fridge/pantry
Fridge space will now only be for temporary storage before you come to the kitchen and use it. There will be no more storing leftovers or food you don’t want in the student kitchen fridge
- In the event of a fire or medical emergency, call 911.
- Turn on the fan when using the stovetop.
- Turn off the oven, stovetop, and lights before leaving the Kitchen.
- Fire extinguisher is in the back left corner.
- First Aid kit is underneath the sink.
To promote the effectiveness of our COVID-19 health and safety program at Yale, we have put in place certain requirements for events, gatherings, and meetings. These requirements reflect current public health guidance and support our expansion of on-campus activities. They may be amended as the public health environment changes. For up-to-date guidelines, check Yale’s Events, Gatherings & Meetings guideline.