November Recess Kitchen Policy
- Sign up to reserve the kitchen using the online calendar. You cannot reserve the kitchen less than 24 hours in advance.
- Once you have signed up, please email Brittany Boyce, Nadia Rahman, and Yasmin Alamdeen at least 24 hours in advance of your reservation to coordinate getting the Student Kitchen key. You will not be able to use the kitchen if you don’t email the kitchen aides 24 hours in advance (even if you made a reservation online).
- First time users must stop by the Timothy Dwight Head of College’s Office to sign the Student Kitchen Use Policy.
- Return the key to the kitchen aide as quickly as possible so that other students may use the kitchen. The key may not be passed to another student.
- Failure to return the Aide’s key as directed, or observe the established protocols of cleanliness, sanitation, and/or safety may lead to a suspension of your kitchen privileges.
Kitchen Quiet Hours
- Monday through Friday: 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 am - 7:30 am
Student Kitchen Use Policy
Using the TD Student Kitchen is privilege. The kitchen has recently been renovated and many new updates have been added for you to use. We expect that you will take proper care of our new shared space. This means that you will follow the ground rules and protocols:
- Clean up after yourself and follow and complete the Student Kitchen Cleaning Checklist.
- You are required to run and unload the dishwasher completely before the end of your reservation. (Hand washing is quick and easy)
- Return your key with the Kitchen Cleaning Checklist with your initials before Quiet Hours on the day of your reservation. (Kitchen Quiet Hours are posted above)
- Write a note on the cleaning checklist if you are leaving something in the fridge or pantry and write the current date on the item.
- Don’t place any hot pans directly on the tabletop or counters. You will damage these surfaces if you do. Use a coaster.
- Don’t close the pantry door; it will get stuck.
- Leave the garbage can outside the kitchen when you are done.
- When you are using the kitchen, please follow all of the posted rules. Before you leave, make sure you have completed all of the tasks on the posted checklist.
You will be held accountable for the mess that you make and will be required to come back and clean it. You will not be allowed to use the kitchen again if you fail to clean up. The kitchen aides check the kitchen daily to ensure that the space is kept clean.
- In the event of a fire or medical emergency, call 911.
- Turn on the fan when using the stovetop.
- Turn off the oven, stovetop, and lights before leaving the Kitchen.
- Fire extinguisher is the back left corner.
- First Aid kit is underneath the sink.
Please review the cleaning checklist frequently before, during, and after your reservation.